Aaron Dunleavy is a filmmaker from Blackburn in England and a recent graduate of University of the Arts London.
His debut student short, Throw Me to the Dogs, won 10 awards on the festival circuit, with praise from Academy Award winning director Danny Boyle. Screening at some of the most prestigious BAFTA and Oscar® qualifying festivals around the world, the film went on to achieve worldwide distribution via MUBI, streaming in over 240 countries, as well as being awarded a 'Best of the Month' Staff Pick on Vimeo.
Aaron's films explore stories of working class youth; with unscripted and improvised performances, street casting and non-professional young actors at the core of his filmmaking approach.
First Class Honours Degree
BA (Hons) Film Practice (2013 - 2016)
UAL: London College of Communication
FESTIVALS & AWARDS
• MUBI Worldwide Film of the Day
• Vimeo Staff Pick Best of the Month
• Short of the Week Official Selection
• Shooting People Film of the Month
• BFI Future Film Fest Nominated 'Best Director'
• Kinofilm Festival Winner 'Best Made Up North'
• Cork Film Festival (BAFTA & Oscar® qualifying)
• Leeds International (BAFTA & Oscar® qualifying)
• Encounters (BAFTA & Oscar® qualifying)
• London Short Film Festival (BAFTA qualifying)
• Aesthetica Short Film Fest (BAFTA qualifying)
• Shuffle Festival Winner 'Young Filmmaker'